Courgette, Linseed and Lemon CupcakesBack to Recipes
Pre time 20 mins
Baking time 25 mins
For the cupcake mix:
- 150g self raising flour
- 25g The Linseed Farm Linseed Meal
- Pinch of salt
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 150g grated courgette (squeeze out most of the juice after you've grated)
- 2 free range eggs, lightly beaten
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 60ml The Linseed Farm Culinary Linseed Oil
- 2tbsp fat-free fromage frais
For the topping:
- Jar of lemon curd
- 75g butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fat-free fromage frais
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a 12-hold cupcake/muffin tin with paper cases
- Sift together the flour, ground linseed and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the culinary linseed oil, sugar, courgette and lemon zest, then add the egg and fromage frais and mix together again.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between the cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until light golden brown and springy to the touch. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, beat the butter and icing sugar together for 5-10 minutes until very pale and fluffy. Gently but thoroughly beat in the fromage frais.
- Use an apple corer or small knife to remove a small amount from the middle of each cupcake and spoon or pipe in some lemon curd.
- Pipe or spread the butter icing over the top of each muffin.